Ah, 2010. I’m going to grab you by the balls and you are going to like it!
I’ve refrained from writing a 2009 retrospective because I would much prefer to leave all that baggage behind. 2009 was basically a cheap extension of 2008, and 2008 was not the best year of my life. Each year does get better and better as I learn more about life, the pursuit of my own happiness and the world around me.
In this upcoming year I plan to accomplish some significant things in my personal and professional life. I’ve been running a mental list of things that I’d like to participate in, foods I’d like to cook, activities I’d like to engage in. I am such a procrastinator and constantly put things off that I should be doing, ie joining a gym. I really want to get in shape and it’s time I quit bellyaching about it. Here is what I have compiled thus far:
- Slow cook at least one dinner per week
- Join a gym (this MUST happen ASAP…the gold’s gym near my apartment is running a special)
- Read one new book a month (I have a degree in English. This should not be difficult.)
- Travel and discover new places, whether it be a weekend trip to NYC or a week-long sojourn to LA.
- Take French horn lessons
- Find a volunteer opportunity in my community
- Write one poem a month….and get at least one of them published
- Paint my living room
- Sing “Don’t Rain on my Parade” in its entirety at a piano bar (I attempted this once but forgot the words. Oops.)
- Cut the shit with online dating and meet people in real life
- Overhaul this damn blog and migrate it to my domain
- Audition for a play and a musical
If I think of anything else I’ll be sure to include it in my next post. In closing, my dearest lady friend JulieQ found this perfect YouTube clip for me: